Communication and Information Systems User Agreement
Communication and Information Systems User Agreement
Kelly Services, Inc. (Kelly) proprietary and competitively sensitive information and Customer information entrusted to Kelly, if compromised, destroyed or lost, could result in adverse consequences such as financial loss or disruption of business. Examples of proprietary and competitively sensitive information include: customer, supplier and employee lists; financial information, such as costs, investments, earnings, sales and forecasts; sales and marketing strategies; wages, salaries and benefits; requests for proposal information; personnel files, including compensation and employee records; business plans and strategic objectives; and, sales, service, recruiting and training plans.
Communication and Information Systems
The following rules and conditions apply to all individuals who use any communication and information systems of Kelly, its Customer and Customer’s customers. The communication and information systems of Kelly, its Customer and Customer’s customers shall hereafter be collectively referred to as “Communication and Information Systems.” These Communication and Information Systems include, but are not limited to: host and personal computers, laptops, software and internal or external communications networks (voice mail, Internet/Intranet and e-mail systems) that are directly or indirectly accessed from Communication and Information Systems.
- Electronic mail (e-mail) is defined as an office communication tool whereby electronic messages and associated attachments are prepared, sent and retrieved on personal computers.
- On-line service (Internet) is defined as a communication tool whereby business information, reference material and messages are sent and retrieved electronically.
- Voice mail is defined as a communications tool whereby business information is sent and retrieved through a telecommunications handset.
E-mail, Internet and voice mail are intended for business purposes only; personal use of these communication tools are permissible only within reasonable limits and at the sole discretion of Kelly Management and/or the Customer. Kelly and/or the Customer reserves the right to monitor any and all aspects of its Communication and Information Systems and terminate access to and use of such systems at any time without notice to the extent permitted by applicable law. Accordingly, except where otherwise required by law, employees and other users of Communication and Information Systems will not be afforded privacy when communicating through voice mail, e-mail and the Internet.
Communication and Information Systems, and the information contained within these systems, are the property of Kelly and/or Customer and/or Customer’s customer; employees and contractors are permitted to use them only as necessary to fulfil job or assignment requirements. All Internet and e-mail records are Kelly or Customer records; they will be transmitted only to individuals who require them for business reasons. Communication and Information Systems users should exercise the same level of care when drafting an electronic document as they would in composing any other written communication.
I, therefore, hereby agree to:
- safeguard all proprietary and competitively sensitive information, including all information contained or transmitted within Communication and Information Systems, from disclosure.
- use Communication and Information Systems and the information stored within these systems for legitimate business purposes only, and where permitted, limited personal use (examples of illegitimate non-business purposes include but are not limited to: chain letters, multilevel marketing, computer games, personal advertisements, solicitations, promotions and/or outside business interests).
- treat e-mail and Internet records as official business records which require the same record retention as other written communications. However, except where such record retention requirements apply, e-mail communications are not intended for long-term retention; they should be purged monthly.
- ensure that appropriate virus protection and detection software is loaded and working properly on personal computers used for downloading information from the Internet. If a virus is detected, to report it immediately to the Corporate Help Desk at Kelly (1-800-Kelly04 [535-5904]) or your Customer supervisor.
- ensure that disk images, data or documents received via the Internet are in compliance with all applicable copyright agreements.
- protect the integrity of Communication and Information Systems by ensuring secure access to voice mail, e-mail and the Internet. This protection of integrity relies on safe practices including, but not limited to: maintaining secret passwords, logging off the system before leaving your workstation, disallowing others to use your password to access the Internet, voice mail or e-mail and/or disallowing others to share your User ID and following the Company’s or Customer’s clean and locked desk procedure.
- not communicate, input or access language or images that may be considered offensive or demeaning to any individual. Offensive images/language includes, but is not limited to: sexually explicit words or images, racial epithets or slurs and/or demeaning words or images which may be offensive to someone based on race, sex, religion, ethnicity, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
- not download any software via the Internet except for patches, upgrades, and other software which are manager-approved and necessary for adequate job or assignment performance.
- not transmit proprietary and competitively sensitive information, or any other media not expressly approved by Kelly or your Customer supervisor, via the Internet or other public networks, unless such transmissions are protected by encryption.
- not use the Internet for any inappropriate purposes including, but not limited to: illegal activity, disrupting other network users or services, entering other computer systems or databases without authorization, purchasing items via the Internet.
I fully understand that Kelly, its Customer and Customer’s customers reserve the right, to the extent permitted by applicable law, to monitor and audit the use of Communication and Information Systems accessed by employees, temporary employees or contractors to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data. Therefore, except where otherwise provided by law, I have no expectation of privacy when using Communication and Information Systems.
I fully understand that failure to comply with this policy regarding the use of Communication and Information Systems, as described above, may result in the termination of my employment or assignment.
I have received, read and fully understand Kelly’s Communication and Information Systems User Agreement. I fully understand the terms of this agreement, and agree to abide by the policies, procedures and conditions stated therein.